Samsung Galaxy S8

It is expected that Samsung will unveil their Galaxy S8 smartphone on February 2017. The latest leak suggests the Samsung Galaxy S8 to sport an OLED display with up to 90 percent screen-to-body ratio.

Samsung Galaxy S8 with OLED Display

The 90 percent screen-to body ratio means the most of the front will be consumed by the LOED display and the rest 10 percent will sport a metal body. Next iPhone is also expected to sport an OLED display, possibly from Sharp.

“Samsung Display would roll out a full-screen display whose display area ratio (a scale that measures space taken up by a display on the front part of a handset) reaches more than 90 percent next year,” the report states.

According to the latest leaks on Weibo, the Galaxy S8 will be powered by Samsung’s own Exynos 8895 SoC.  It will come with a 5.5-inch 4K (2160×3840 pixels) Super AMOLED display with an impressive pixel density of 806ppi. The Samsung Galaxy S8 will also have 6GB of RAM just like the recently launched Galaxy C9 pro. The Samsung Galaxy S8 will come with a dual camera setup using one 16MP sensor and one 8MP sensor. Samsung might also remove their signature home button from this new flagship.

Xiaomi recently laucnhed the Mi MIX with near bezel-less display with curved edges on top. The company claims a 91.3 percent screen-to-body ratio. Another highlight is the piezoelectric acoustic ceramic earpiece speaker, as well as the ultrasonic proximity sensor rather than the traditional front-facing infrared sensor. The company is also touting a front camera module that’s 50 percent smaller than conventional sensors, and is placed at the bottom right corner of the phone.

ALSO READ: Xiaomi Mi MIX Concept Smartphone Launched


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here